The parent association is a structure through which parents in a school can work together for the best possible education for their children. The parent association works with the principal, staff and the board of management to build effective partnership between home and school. Parents as a group have a wide range of talents, abilities and skills that have the potential to enrich and extend the educational opportunities provided for pupils. Children do better, behave better and are happier at school where parents and teachers work closely together and support each other. Teachers can do a better job where they are supported by and working closely with parents. Parents can do a better job when they have the support of other parents.
A vibrant Parents’ Association is in existence since 1984!. Membership is open to all parents/guardians of all pupils enrolled We would be very interested in any parent wishing to give one year to the committee to contact Claire Gallagher 0872745259
Since its inception the Parents Association has made a very worthwhile contribution to pupils educational experiences. The following are some areas parents in Scoil Cholmcille have contributed to, over the last number of years;
• New School Stage
• Purchase of Interactive White Boards in every classroom.
• Purchase of high quality picture books
• Purchase of gold medals and trophies for the school’s Gold Star Awards.
• Publication of Boys Zone, a Newsletter for parents that captures highlights and curriculum experiences in each term
• Supplementing First holy communion treat
• Awarding class Minders at the end of term
• Awarding the Green School Committee
• Funding coaches in GAA and Training
• Funding classroom supplies; mathematics, science and English.
• Rental of Aura hall for Athletics
• Guitar lessons
• New computers
Please continue to support our P.A. This year (2016/2017), we would like to raise;
€7,500 for 15 new Ipads
€500 for new
And €500 for new