EAL Resource Pack –
Please find below a resource pack for EAL learners done by Glasgow City Council. There are lots of very helpful educational websites that are free for pupils and parents to engage with. There are nursery rhymes, bilingual stories and language games included in the pack and they are suitable for children from Junior Infants and beyond. You will also find video links for Youtube where children can engage with listening, speaking, reading and writing activities. We hope that they come in useful for you and your child at this difficult time. To access the content please click on the link below and then click on the attachment to download the pack.
Resources for Newcomer Children
Please find below a useful resource for children who have recently arrived in the school. By clicking on the links and then clicking on the attachments you will find games for learning basic English vocabulary.
4th to 6th Class Children
We would encourage parents to listen to their children’s reading each day. Children are encouraged to read one story per day from their readers and then complete the questions at the end orally with their parents.
The learning theme’s for next month are People and Places from Other Areas and Caring for Our Locality. Older children may want to complete a project in a scrap book on one of the above topics. Children can access useful material on the websites below
- http://www.quizlet.com for flashcards
- http://www.flippity.com set of online flashcards
- https://www.twinkl.ie – loads of material on any topic, children have been given instructions on how to access this site for free
- https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/ – find fun facts and information on a range of topics
- https://www.kiddle.co/ – child friendly search engine
- https://www.scoilnet.ie/go-to-primary – children can choose their class level, subject and topic
Term 1 – Revision Topics
Activities based on units of work completed. Click on the links to open content which include listening activities with accompanying worksheets. Loads of word searches, spelling sheets and games for you to enjoy. Have fun !